“And though your beginning was small,
your latter days will be very great.”
I’m Tamar, and this is my blog. I thought that it’d probably be best to start this whole blogging journey off by letting you guys know a little bit about why I’m blogging, and what I hope to get out of it. Since this is my very first blog post, that seems to be a pretty good way to start.
A few of you reading this may know me from my Tumblr account, my YouTube channel, or my Instagram page (if you have no idea who I am and have stumbled upon this little blog through your random little trips into the abyss that is the internet, then hi! we haven’t met before, but I’m sure you’re lovely and it’s great to have you here).
For a few years now, I have run my tumblr page, which has kind of evolved into a place where I chat to my online friends, reblog images and quotes that I find encouraging and aesthetically pleasing, respond to anonymous messages, and every now and then, post a few little updates about my life.
I started my Instagram account around two years ago now, mostly because I had just adopted a vegan lifestyle, and I really wanted to document the transition and post images of the meals that I created and my fitness journey. I didn’t expect it to gain any following, but I am so grateful for each follower it has accumulated! Everyone is so encouraging and lovely!
I started making videos on YouTube around this time last year, but it was very sporadic. I didn’t create much content and I certainly wasn’t consistent in uploading. It wasn’t until this summer that I started to take it a little more seriously, and now I absolutely love creating videos and engaging in the YouTube community! I’m such a create person, and I truly thrive when I am writing, reading, drawing, creating anything at all, as long as I am constantly creating, I am happy.
Thus, the idea of creating this blog was born!! Sometimes I feel like I have so many ideas circling my mind, it’s impossible to focus on just one, because I’m always looking to the next thing, always wanting to branch out and dig deeper, create more meaningful things and share more of myself with the world. This is where this blog comes in. Pinterest has done wonders for me in allowing my creative juices to flow, but the one thing I feel that it lacks is a place for users to have their own voice on the topics that inspire them. Then I realised, this is exactly what a blog is for!
So after doing a little bit of research, Id decided to just bite the bullet and dive right in, and that’s why you’re reading this, now! This blog will hopefully become a place of respite for my brain, a place where my ideas can be poured out, where I can allow my creativity to flow and I can produce, document, write about, photograph, explore absolutely anything that peaks my fancy at the time. This is a lifestyle blog. A blog full of my tips, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, daily happenings, inspirational and motivational posts, and most importantly, a place of love, peace, community and compassion.
I want you guys to leave my site feeling better than you did when you arrived. I want you to feel uplifted, encouraged, like you’re leaving lighter and more at peace than you were when you came. I guess, above all, I want to spread God’s light and love to as many people on this planet as I possibly can. And, since the internet seems to have made this a very possible thing to do, I’m doing it!
Here are a few things that you can expect to find here over the course of this blog’s journey on the internet:
- Wedding prep/bridal posts (eeeep, I’M GETTING MARRIED! So of course my blog is going to be filled with my DIY’s, my bridesmaid dress designs, my menu, and everything wedding-related, at least until 22/7/2017… then we can move on to honeymoon posts!)
- Foodie posts!! (I’m vegan, so expect some AMAZING plant based goodies to be featured – because vegans do ‘instafood’ best, of course)
- Faith inspired posts (Jesus literally saved my life, and continues to sustain me daily. I hope this blog can be a place where I can pour out my gratitude to Him, and encourage all of you guys in your walks with Him in the process)
- Fitness updates (I run, I lift weights, I cheerlead, and sometimes I dabble in pole fitness, too)
- Lifestyle (this can be anything from DIY [I’m buying my first house in a few months, and we’re planning to DIY a lot of it! So I’m really looking forward to the home-decor posts!], to fashion (it’s just coming into sweater weather in the UK right now, and the layerer in me is LOVING it), to sustainable living (I hug all of the trees, don’t test me, I’ll hug you too), hairstyles, travel (hello, Honeymoon Posts), news/trending topics (Sometimes I dabble in politics.. I know I know, it can sound pretty dull, but when the state of the world is at stake, it gets pretty interesting)
- Married life (as of July 2017 that is!), and potentially some vegan family and kiddies posts too in the future!! (SO EXCITING)
I also have an ebook coming out very shortly, so do please keep your eyes peeled for that! I’ll definitely be making a complete post about it, I’ll explain what I have written and why, and include some excerpts from the book itself, too. The book is called ‘Kale Them With Kindness: A Meat-Eater’s Guide to Veganism’, which pretty much speaks for itself I guess. But yes, ebook coming out soon!
If any of this sounds interesting to you, then please do subscribe to my emailing list! You should be able to find the link in a pretty obvious place on this blog (I’m still figuring out where everything is myself, so we’re in this together haha!) I am so excited to be starting this journey with you all, it’s going to be one heck of a ride (but a wonderful one, I can tell already).
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
have a lovely day,